Osmo Teak Oil Spray – 008 is a clear, water and dirt-repelling oil that penetrates deep into the wood to protect and maintain garden furniture and decking. It prevents moisture, swelling and shrinkage and the microporous coating will not crack, peel or flake. It is ideal for use on garden furniture made of Teak and other hardwoods in covered outdoor areas. It is also well-suited for the clear treatment of garden furniture and other similarly used surfaces.
How to use Osmo Teak Oil Spray
- The Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max. 20%).
- Clean old stains thoroughly and ensure old paints and lacquers are completely removed.
- Hardwoods with an especially high content of natural wood extractives need to weather off (for approx. 4 weeks) or be de-greased with Osmo Brush Cleaner and Thinner.
- Shake spray can well before use
- Spray the teak oil at a distance of approx. 25 cm.
- Afterwards rub in with a brush.
- Wipe away any excess with a cloth.
- Allow to dry for approx. 12 hours and apply a second coat.
- When renovating, one coat applied is usually sufficient.
- Clean spray nozzle after use.
Please note –
Osmo Teak-Oil Spray is clear and therefore does not protect against UV radiation from the sun (greying). If the original colour tone of freshly sawn wood should be preserved (e.g. Bangkirai), we recommend a coat of Osmo Decking Oil.
Clean tools with Osmo Brush Cleaner.
Drying times – Approx. 12 hours (normal climatic conditions, 23 °C/ 50 % rel. humidity). Lower temperatures and/or higher air humidity can increase the drying time.
Ventilate well while drying.
STORAGE – Up to 2 years and longer if can is kept dry and closed tightly.
COVERAGE – 1 litre covers approx. 25 m² with one coat. Coverage depends significantly on the condition of the wood. All information refers to smooth and planed/ sanded surfaces. Other surfaces may lead to differences in coverage.
Health and safety
Extremely flammable aerosol. Pressurised container: May burst if heated. Do not spray on a naked flame or any incandescent material. Keep away from sources of ignition – No smoking. Pressurised container: Do not pierce or burn, even after use. Protect from sunlight. Do not expose to temperatures exceeding 50 °C. Keep out of the reach of children. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Do not breathe spray. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand. Warning: Wash out any used cloth impregnated with this product immediately after use or store in an airtight container (danger of self-ignition). Must not be applied on the same spraying stand as lacquers or lacquer corrosives that contain NC (nitrocellulose). Risk of self-ignition. Please stick to the regulations of the BG Holz (BGI 740 for coating units) and the BGV D 25 of the insurance association and the technical leaflet. Propellant: propane/butane.
INGREDIENTS – Based on natural plant oils (sunflower oil, soya oil and thistle oil), siccatives (drying agents) and water-repelling additives. Dearomatized white spirit (benzenefree).