Osmo End Grain Sealing Wax 5735 is a clear wood finish developed especially for sealing end grains in order to protect these against cracks resulting from weathering. Osmo End Grain Sealing Wax minimises water absorption as well as drying-out at end grains. Also protects from the inside as it is absorbed into wood capillaries. Swelling and shrinkage as well as the leakage of wood extractives are reduced. It is especially suited for the end grains of decking, cladding or roof soffits made of hard and softwoods, such as Bangkirai, Teak, Massaranduba, Garapa, Cumaru as well as Pine, Spruce, Douglas Fir, Larch, Cedar, Thermowood etc.
How to use Osmo End Grain Sealing Wax
- Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max. 20%).
- Osmo End Grain Sealing Wax is ready to use. Do not thin. Stir well.
- The finished surface is influenced by several factors, including the condition of wood. Therefore, a trial application is always required, especially for unfamiliar surfaces.
- Apply with an Osmo Flat Brush, apply generously to end grains.
- To achieve an optimal protection for strongly absorbing end grains, we recommend applying the sealing wax two times wet-in-wet or after drying carry out a second coat.
- Drying time is approx. 3-4 hours (normal climatic conditions, 23 °C/ 50 % rel. humidity). Lower temperatures and/or higher air humidity can increase the drying time. Ventilate well while drying.
Clean tools with Osmo Brush Cleaner (free of aromatic compounds).
Osmo End Grain Sealing Wax is clear and therefore it can be applied universally. Please only apply to end grains. Not for area treatment. Wipe away any excess wax from other surfaces with a cloth. Oils enhance the natural tone of wood (permanent wet effect). After drying, we recommend coating the other wood surfaces with Osmo wood finishes (e.g. Country Colour or Natural Oil Woodstain).
COVERAGE 1 litre covers approx. 5 m² end grain surface with one coat. 1 litre treats approx. 600 decking boards on both ends. Coverage depends significantly on the condition of the wood. All information refers to smooth and planed/ sanded surfaces. Other surfaces may lead to differences in coverage.
STORAGE Up to 5 years and longer if can is kept dry and closed tightly. If thickened by frost, store for 24-36 hours at room temperature before use.
Safety Data Sheets
Health and safety
CAUTION – Flammable liquid and vapour. Keep out of reach of children. Keep away from heat/open flames. No smoking. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Warning: Wash out any used cloth impregnated with this product immediately after use or store in an airtight container (danger of self-ignition).
INGREDIENTS – Based on natural plant oils and waxes (sunflower oil, soya oil, thistle oil, carnauba wax and candelilla wax), paraffin, siccatives (drying agents) and water-repellent additives. Dearomatized white spirit (benzene-free). EU limit value for this product (cat. A/i): 500 g/l VOC (2010). This product contains max. 500 g/l VOC. Detailed declaration of ingredients available upon request.
TECHNICAL DATA – Specific gravity: 0.88-0.95 g/cm³ Viscosity: 25-35s DIN EN ISO 2431/4 mm, thixotropic Odour: faint/mild, after drying odourless Flash point: 45-52°C acc. DIN EN ISO 2719
DISPOSAL – Dispose of leftover product and completely emptied packaging according to local official guidelines (waste code number 08 01 11). Only completely emptied cans can be recycled