Osmo Polyx Oil Rapid Clear is the renowned Polyx®-Oil but in a fast drying variation. It is a Professional, fast drying, clear or transparent wood coating with special surface hardness that uniquely combines the advantages of natural oils and waxes in one product. Osmo Polyx Oil Rapid is stain-resistant, water-repellent and abrasion-resistant and smooths the surface. Compared to conventional finishes, the use of plant ingredients creates a more even colour and more harmonious appearance. It offers simple application without primer or sanding between coats, this saves time and money. It is suitable for wood; the micro-porous surface will not crack, peel, flake or blister. It is resistant to wine, beer, cola, coffee, tea, fruit juice, milk and water in accordance with German DIN 68861-1A – no water spots. The dry coating is safe for humans, animals and plants (resistant to saliva and perspiration acc. German DIN 53160, suitable for children‘s toys acc. EN 71.3).
Osmo Polyx Oil Rapid Clear is ideal for the protection of all wooden floors, such as solid wood, plank, strip, OSB and cork flooring, as well as for furniture surfaces. It has been made using natural plant oils (sunflower oil, soybean oil, thistle oil) and waxes, paraffin, siccatives (drying agents) and water-repellent additives.
How to use Osmo Polyx Oil Rapid Clear
- The Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max. 18%).
- Osmo Polyx Oil Rapid is ready to use. Do not thin.
- Stir well before use.
- Clean old micro-porous stains thoroughly.
- Old paints, varnishes and lacquers must be completely removed.
- Always wear a dust mask while sanding.
- Fill small cracks, larger joints or holes in wood a Wood Filler.
- Sand wood surfaces carefully. Begin with coarse sandpaper – final sanding work for flooring P120-150, for furniture P180-240.
- Before oiling the surface, remove sanding dust with a broom or vacuum cleaner.
- The finished surface is influenced by several factors, including the condition of the wood. Therefore, a trial application is always required, especially for unfamiliar surfaces.
- Apply with Osmo Flat Brush or Osmo Floor Brush.
- Apply thinly and evenly to the clean and dry wood along the wood grain and spread well within 10- 15 minutes.
- Wipe away any excess product.
- Allow to dry for approx. 4-5 hours under good ventilation.
- After drying, apply a second coat also thinly and quickly.
- When renovating or re-coating an already oiled surface, one coat applied to the clean and dry surface is usually sufficient.
- Clean tools with Osmo Brush Cleaner (free of aromatic compounds).
The drying time is approximately 4-5 hours (normal climatic conditions, 23 °C/50 % rel. humidity).
Ventilate well while drying.
Lower temperatures and/or higher air humidity may increase drying times.
Product coverage for 1 coat is 24 m²/1 l. It depends significantly on the character of the wood. All information refers to smooth and planed/cut surfaces. Other surfaces may lead to deviations in coverage.
Oils enhance the natural tone of wood (permanent wet effect). Applying the product too generously and insufficient ventilation lead to delays in drying.
For dark and extractive-rich hardwoods (e.g. Wenge, Merbau, Jatoba etc.), we recommend using Osmo Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin.
A trial application is recommended.
For cork surfaces, due to their high absorbency please ensure that the wood finish is applied especially thinly. On cork, longer drying times are to be taken into consideration (at least 6-8 hours).
Apply max. one coat thinly to cabinet interiors and drawers with a cloth.
Wood surfaces treated with Osmo Polyx Oil Rapid Clear are easy to maintain. Remove debris with a broom or a vacuum cleaner. To clean, add Osmo Wash and Care concentrate to mop water and clean the surface with a damp (not wet!) mop. To refresh and clean intensively, use Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner when necessary. If a higher gloss level is desired, after thoroughly drying apply Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner thinly and polish when dry.
Storage: 5 years and longer if stored in the closed original can. If thickened by frost, store at room temperature for 24 hours prior to use.
Dispose of product residuals and completely emptied containers according to the local official guidelines (EU-waste code key number 08 01 11*). Only fully emptied containers can be recycled
Health and safety
Specific gravity: 0.88-0.95 g/cm³ Viscosity: 25-45s DIN EN ISO 2431/4 mm, thixotropic Odour: faint/mild, odourless after drying Flashpoint: 35-52 °C, acc. DIN EN ISO 2719 pH value: not required
Safety Data Sheets