Hotspot Grate Paint Silk Black comes in an easy to use aerosol. This Grate Paint is a high temperature, corrosion resistant, decorative finish. It has been formulated for use on cast iron and steel and is protective as well as decorative.
How to use Hotspot Grate Paint Silk Black
- Ensure the surface to be treated is cool and any heat source is extinguished.
- Remove all rust, scale, dirt, grease and check that the surface is dry.
- Shake well before use
- Recommended thickness of 22 microns ± 3 microns, in practice this means apply in thin coats, allowing to fully dry before applying the next coat.
- Building up layers this way gives maximum high temperature resistance.
- Optimum corrosion and abrasion resistance may be achieved by oven-curing although curing will take place during operation of the product or components.
- A thin coating allows excellent heat transmission and is colour fast for up to 350⁰C, when allowed to cool for up to 24 hours.
- The minimum of 2 coats is recommended.
- It will be touch dry in 2-3 hours at room temperature. Oven cured at 20 minutes at 250⁰C. Re-coating Time 2-3 hours.
- Adequate ventilation should be provided at all stages of the curing operation.
Clean-Up Clean with xylene thinners.
Application Temperature should be cool for application, 250 deg. C for curation.
Coverage Approximately 7m2 /Litre at 20 microns.
Compatible with most substrates including steel and its alloys can be coated successfully; however, we recommend that each new substrate should be checked for its suitability.
Shelf-life/Storage 2 years if stored unopened in a cool, dry place.
Health and Safety
Extremely flammable; harmful; harmful by inhalation and in contact with skin and eyes. Keep out of reach of children.