Hotspot Stove and Fireplace Paint comes in a Matt Black and in either an aerosol or traditional brush paint finish. It is an ultra-high temperature corrosion resistant one coat stove and fireplace paint. It offers extra coverage over conventional systems results from the high solids content. This specially formulated fireplace and stove paint provides corrosion and abrasion resistance. A thin coating of fireplace and stove paint allows excellent heat transmission and is colour fast up to 650°C. Stove paint can also be used on brick, concrete and render. It can also be used on most substrates including steel and its alloys can be coated successfully however; we recommend that each new substrate should be checked individually for its suitability.
How to use Hotspot Stove and Fireplace Paint
- Ensure surface to be treated is cool and any heat source is extinguished, remove all rust, scale, dirt, grease and check the surface is dry. Only use thinners for paint tins.
- Shake well before use
- Apply by brush or spray, agitate paint until well mixed.
- Recommended thickness of 22 microns ±3 microns. In practice this means to apply thin coats, allow to fully dry before applying the next coat.
- Building up in layers this way gives maximum high temperature resistance. 5. Optimum corrosion and abrasion resistance may be achieved by oven-curing, although curing will take place, during operation of the product, or components.
- A thin coating allows excellent heat transmission and is colour fast up to 650⁰C, when allowed to cure for 24 hours.
- Apply at least two coats.
- It will be touch dry after 2-3 hours at room temperature and oven cured in 30 minutes at 250⁰C metal temperature.
- Adequate ventilation should be provided, at all stages of the curing operation.
- The re-coating Time is approximately 2-3 hours.
Clean up with xylene thinners.
The application temperature should be cool for application, 250⁰C for curation.
The coverage is approximately 15m2/Litre at 22 microns.
Clean with soapy water when appliance is cold.
Compatible on most substrates including steel and its alloys can be coated successfully; however, we recommend that each new substrate should be checked individually for its suitability.
store unopened in a cool, dry place.
Health and Safety
Flammable; harmful; harmful by inhalation and in contact with skin and eyes. Keep out of reach of children. Caution: This product contains free silicone and precautions should be taken to isolate its processing from other paint systems.