Liberon Floor Sealer is a natural, oil based finish for wood and parquet floors. It enhances the natural colour of new and old wood and is water, heat and alcohol resistant. Floor Sealer can be used alone to achieve a final satin to gloss finish, or as a sealer prior to waxing or varnishing with Liberon’s range of floor finishing products. It is also suitable for sealing unvarnished cork surfaces.
How to use Liberon Floor Sealer
1. Sand the floor if required and remove all previous finishes.
2. Ensure the surface is clean, dry and dust free.
3. If you wish to colour the wood use Liberon Palette Wood Dye prior to applying Floor Sealer. Allow all wood dyes to dry for a minimum of 8 hours before applying Floor Sealer.
4. Shake the container well before use.
5. Apply a reasonable coat of Floor Sealer with a brush, roller or cloth.
6. Allow the oil to penetrate for 5-10 minutes then remove the excess with a dry lint-free cloth.
7. We recommend a minimum of 3 coats allowing 5 hours between coats. Additional coats may be required on porous surfaces or to achieve a higher finish.
8. Liberon Floor Wax or High Resistance Varnish may be applied after sealing, please allow 24 hours for the last coat of Floor Sealer to harden before applying.
Please note –
Oil finishes bring out the natural colours of the timber. A wet surface will be an indication of the final colour. Always test product on a spare surface or inconspicuous area for colour compatibility and end result. Do not use on vinyl or similar floor coverings. This product may dissolve bitumen-based adhesives. Oily cloths may self combust. Do not leave impregnated cloths in bundles. Before discarding lay them flat outside to dry to avoid a fire hazard.
Cleaning and maintenance once complete
Surfaces should be swept or vacuumed and may be cleaned with a damp cloth. Any spills should be wiped up immediately. For stubborn stains a mild detergent can be used, alternatively lightly sand the affected area to remove the stain and then re-apply Floor Sealer. When using Floor Sealer alone surfaces may need to be re-sealed once a year, or more frequently in areas of high foot traffic.
1 Litre of Liberon floor sealer will cover approximately 10-12 m2
Clean tools with White Spirit
Heath and Safety
Flammable. Repeated exposure may cause skin dryness or cracking. Keep out of the reach of children. Do not empty into drains. Use only in well- ventilated areas. If swallowed, seek medical advice immediately and show this container or label. Contains cobalt compound. May produce an allergic reaction.