Liberon Floor Oil is designed for use on all types of untreated real wood floors. Floor Oil gives a natural soft sheen, whilst enhancing the colour and grain of the timber. It provides a stain and scratch resistant finish and is micro porous to allow the wood to breath.
How to use Liberon Floor Oil
- Sand the floor if required and remove all previous finishes.
- Ensure the surface is clean, dry and dust free.
- If you wish to colour the wood use Liberon Palette Wood Dye prior to applying Floor Oil. Allow all wood dyes to dry for a minimum of 8 hours before applying Floor Oil.
- For best results apply with a brush, cloth or roller working with the grain of the wood wherever possible.
- Allow the oil to penetrate into the wood for 10-20 minutes, then wipe over the surface with a clean, dry lint free cloth to remove any excess oil. Failure to do so will reduce penetration of subsequent coats and produce an uneven finish.
- A minimum of 3 coats is recommended, sanding lightly between coats. More coats may be required on porous timbers or for a more durable finish.
- Allow a minimum of 12 hours between coats and 24 hours after the last coat before heavy use of the floor.
Please note – Oil finishes bring out the natural colours of timber. A wet surface will be an indication of the final colour. Always test product on a spare surface or inconspicuous area for colour compatibility and end result.
Cleaning and maintenance after complete.
Surfaces may be cleaned using a damp cloth and spills should be wiped up immediately. For stubborn stains a mild detergent can be used, alternatively lightly sand the affected area to remove the stain and then re-apply Floor Oil.
Re-oil surfaces when they become dull and dry. To check the surface is properly sealed drop a small amount of water onto the surface. Leave for 10-15 minutes and if the water remains on the surface then enough Floor Oil has been applied. If not then further coats of Floor Oil are required. Oily cloths can self combust. Do not leave impregnated cloths in bundles. Before discarding lay them flat outside to dry to avoid a fire hazard.
Each 1 Litre tin will cover approximately 10-12 m2
Clean brushes with White Spirit.
Health and Safety
VOC Information – EU limit value for Floor Oil (CatA/I): 600 g/L (2007). Floor Oil contains Max 519 g/L VOC. Flammable. Harmful to aquatic organisms, may cause long-term adverse effects to the aquatic environment. Repeated exposure may cause skin dryness or cracking. Keep out of the reach of children. Do not empty into drains. Use only in well-ventilated areas. If swallowed, do not induce vomiting: seek medical advice immediately and show this container or label. Contains methylethylketoxime. May produce an allergic reaction.