Hotspot Lagging Rope is a Glass fibre woven lagging Rope. It is used for fitting between surrounds and fire backs or where any gap needs to be filled with a flexible expansion material, which has insulation qualities. The low thermal conductivity offers an ideal and cost-efficient method of insulating pipe work. It is suitable for temperatures of up to 550⁰C.
How to use Hotspot Lagging Rope
- Where a Lagging Rope needs to be fixed to a vertical surface, use Hotspot Heatbond Stove Rope Fixative sparingly to only one side of the rope and hold it in place.
- The Lagging Rope should be compressed as the two surfaces are brought together.
- When filling a gap the Lagging Rope should be compressed and pushed firmly into the area to be filled and be allowed to expand.
- Repeat the process until the gap is filled.
- If necessary, use a heat resistant seal to hold it in place.