Hotspot Slate Oil seals and protects tired looking slate, enhancing its natural beauty. It may slightly deepen the natural colour. The sealer repels dirt and water whilst still allowing the slate to breathe.
How to use Hotspot Slate Oil
For a more rich finish and to blacken the slate, please see our slate blacking.
- Shake the bottle well before use.
- Cover and protect all carpets, fabrics, etc.
- Ensure surface is clean, dust and grease free.
- Slate Oil can be slightly thinned using white spirit.
- Apply using a soft hotspot lint-free cloth
- Apply the Slate Oil evenly and sparingly.
- Buff up with a soft lint-free cloth.
- If too much is applied or not polished, it can leave a streaky/patchy finish.
- Allow 2 hours to touch dry.
- Reapply as required.
The ideal application temperature is 15-25 degrees Centigrade.
The coverage is approx. 1sq metre per bottle depending on end-user.
It is recommended that a small inconspicuous area is tested prior to complete application.
Clean up with white spirit.
Health and Safety
Flammable; do not use near naked flame. Irritating to eyes and respiratory system. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Avoid contact with fabrics, carpets etc. Keep out of reach of children.