Hotspot Fireplace Cleaner is a liquid cleaner used for removing smoke, soot and tar stains caused by wood, coal and gas fires, from brick, stone, concrete, marble and other hard surfaces. Brisk brushing creates foam, which cleans smoke stains, right down to the pores, without damage. It eliminates the need for harsh, damaging acids.
How to use Hotspot Fireplace Cleaner
- Ensure surface to be cleaned is cool, remove screens, fixtures etc. and protect floors and carpets.
- Wear protective gloves and clothing.
- Wet the area to be cleaned with water.
- Shake well before use
- Pour Fireplace Cleaner onto a cloth and apply to the surface to be cleaned.
- Leave for approximately 1 minute and then rub vigorously with a damp cloth. 7. Rough-textured or pock-marked surfaces will require brushing – an old toothbrush is ideal.
- Drying Time, Leave for 1 minute and re-coat if stubborn stains remin.
The application temperature should be 15 – 25 degrees Centigrade.
Coverage is 10 – 20 sq. metres per litre depending on the condition of the surface to be cleaned.
Do not use on any decorated or painted slate or stone. It does not normally remove discolouration caused by weathering or natural impurities.
Shelf-life/Storage 2 years if stored unopened in a cool, dry place.
Health and Safety
Corrosive; causes burns. Keep out of reach of children.