Fiddes Teak Oil is based on special vegetable oils and solvents to give a clear penetrating seal and finish to nourish interior and exterior woods. It is ideal for use on Teak and Cedar.
How to use Fiddes Teak Oil
- Ensure all areas to be coated are extremely well ventilated during and after application.
- Always test on a small area prior to initial application. No primer required.
- Apply at room temperature. Do not thin.
- Stir oil thoroughly before and during use, and apply in a warm, well ventilated room.
- Apply thinly using a good quality bristle or synthetic brush and lay evenly, following the direction of the grain.
- Remove any surplus material immediately with a cloth, carefully checking all areas for any excess application.
- Leave to dry 10-12 hours in warm, dry well ventilated conditions, or preferably overnight.
- Apply 3 coats to new interior timber, and 4 coats to exterior timber but always allow to dry fully between coats.
- Clean tools with White Spirit.
- To renovate previous application of Teak Oil, lightly sand area with 150 grit sandpaper, and re-apply.
Please note –
Maintenance – For regular light maintenance, clean with a damp cloth and wipe dry. Re-application may be necessary where soiling or staining is apparent, following the application details above.
Coverage – A single application will cover approximately 20-24 square meters per litre,depending on the density of the substrate.