Fiddes Danish Oil is suitable for interior and exterior wood as it penetrates deep into the wood surface to create a durable natural, water resistant, low sheen finish. Fiddes Danish Oil contains Tung Oil, blended with resins and solvents so this is ideal treatment for hardwoods like Mahogany, Teak or Oak. The final coat will not peel, chip or craze once dry.
How to use Fiddes Danish Oil
- Ensure all wood surfaces are clean and dry.
- Apply in a well ventilated area during application. Always test on a small area prior to initial application to ensure compatibility. No primer required.
- Apply at room temperature. Do not thin.
- Stir thoroughly before and during use, and apply in a warm, well ventilated room.
- Apply thinly using a good quality bristle or synthetic brush and lay evenly following the direction of the grain.
- Remove any surplus oil immediately with a cloth, carefully checking all areas for any excess application.
- Leave to dry 4-6 hours in warm, dry well ventilated conditions, or preferably overnight.
- Two to three coats are recommended but allow each coat to dry thoroughly before re-application.
- Clean tools with White Spirit.
- Apply 3 coats to new interior timber, and 4 coats to exterior timber.
- To renovate previous application of Danish Oil, lightly sand area with 150 grit sandpaper, and re-apply.
Please note –
For regular light maintenance, clean with a damp cloth and wipe dry. Re-application may be necessary where soiling or staining is apparent, following the application details above.