Fiddes Pure Tung Oil is a natural slow drying non toxic oil that is ideal for kitchen worktops, furniture and all interior or exterior wood. It produces a resilient, matt sheen.
How to use Fiddes Pure Tung Oil
- Ensure the wood is clean and dry.
- Apply in a well ventilated area. Always test on a small area prior to initial application to ensure compatibility.
- No primer required. Apply at room temperature. Do not thin.
- Stir oil thoroughly before and during use, and apply in a warm, well ventilated room.
- Apply thinly using a good quality bristle or synthetic brush and lay evenly, following the direction of the grain.
- Allow the Tung Oil to penetrate for 30 minutes.
- Remove any surplus material with a cloth, carefully checking all areas for any excess application.
- Leave to dry 10-12 hours in warm, dry well ventilated conditions, or preferably overnight.
- Apply 3 coats to new interior timbers and 4 coats to exterior timber but allow to fully dry between coats.
- Clean tools with White Spirit.
- To renovate previous application of Tung Oil, lightly sand area with 150 grit sandpaper, and re-apply.
Please note –
Maintenance – For regular light maintenance, clean with a damp cloth and wipe dry. Re-application may be necessary where soiling or staining is apparent, following the application details above.
Coverage – A single application will cover approximately 20-24 square meters per litre,depending on the density of the substrate.