Hammerite Barbecue Paint has been specially formulated for use on the exterior of metal barbecues and comes in a Matt Black Finish. You can easily revive your barbecue with this easy-to-use aerosol spray finish. Hammerite Barbecue Paint also resists cracking and flaking.
How to use Hammerite Barbecue Paint
- Ensure barbecue is cool before and during preparation.
- Lightly abrade the surface to remove loose paint and rust.
- Remove dirt and grease with Hammerite Brush Cleaner & Thinners. Then rinse with clean water and allow to dry.
- The ideal application temperature range is 8-25°C for application.
- Mask off the surrounding area to protect from over spray.
- To ensure optimum performance store the aerosol at room temperature for at last 2 hours prior to use.
- Prior to use, shake the can vigorously until the agitator ball is heard and then for a further 3 minutes.
- To avoid runs and sags spray in light even strokes from a distance of about 15 cm.
- Spray a light-covering coat.
- When touch dry (about 15 minutes) apply a further 2-3 coats, allowing 5 minutes between each coat.
- After application, leave the Barbecue to dry overnight.
- Burn off all fumes before cooking food.
Please note –
Store in a dry well-ventilated area
Protect from frost and strong sunlight