Osmo Stone and Terracotta Oil is a clear satin, natural oil that penetrates the surface to create a protective barrier that is water and dirt repellent as well as stain-resistant. Osmo Stone and Terracotta Oil will not form a film on the surface and is for exterior use. This unique oil will protect against moisture damage, surface scuffs, stains and scratches. It also reduces dust from screed and concrete surfaces. It is especially suited for paving and window sills made of granite as well as limestone and slate.
How to use Osmo Stone and Terracotta Oil
- The surface must be asorbent, clean, dry and frost free. Osmo Stone and Terracotta Oil is ready to use; do not thin. Stir well.
- Apply with Osmo Flat Brush or Floor Brush. Apply very thinly and spread well.
- Remove any excess product (pooling or streaking) with a pad or a lint-free cloth.
- For larger areas, remove excess oil with a rubber scraper and polish with a buffing machine (white pad).
- Important: the liquid oil must be absorbed into the surface. There must not be any oil left on the surface.
- Allow to dry for 8-10 hours. Ventilate well while drying.
- Apply the second coat also very thinly. Again, remove any excess.
- When renovating already oiled surfaces, normally one coat on a cleaned surface is sufficient.
Please note –
Storage: 5 years and longer if stored in the closed original can.
If thickened by frost, store at room temperature for 24 hours prior to use
Clean tool with Osmo Brush Cleaner (free of aromatic compounds).
Drying time: Approx. 8-10 hours (normal climatic conditions, 23 °C/50 % rel. humidity). Ventilate well while drying. Lower temperatures and/or higher air humidity may increase drying times.
Coverage: Product coverage for 1 coat is 32 m²/1 l. It depends significantly on the character of the surface. All information refers to smooth and planed/cut surfaces. Other surfaces may lead to deviations in coverage.
Oils enhance the natural colour of the substrate (permanent wet effect). Trial application is absolutely essential. Impregnation may influence the slip resistance of the original surfaces. White or very light-coloured stone/surface may yellow slightly as result of the oil treatment. The acid sensitivity of the stone (e.g. marble) remains unaffected. Non-absorbent surfaces, such as glass, glazed tiles or ceramic, cannot be treated (impregnated). Substrates sensitive to solvents (e.g. plastics such as Plexiglas) must be protected. A lack of ventilation leads delays in drying.
Dispose of leftover product and completely emptied packaging according to local official guidelines (waste code number 08 01 12). Only completely emptied cans can be recycled.
Safety Data Sheets
Heath and safety
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Warning: Wash out any used cloth impregnated with this product immediately after use or store in an airtight container (danger of self-ignition). Safety data sheet available on request.
Ingredients: Based on natural plant oils (sunflower oil, soybean oil, thistle oil), paraffin, siccatives (drying agents) and water-repellent additives. Dearomatized white spirit (benzene-free). EU VOC limit value for this product: out of scope.