Colron Danish Oil is made from a blend of quality resins and natural oils which penetrate deeply into the wood. This produces a low sheen lustre with durable, water resistant finish that nourishes and feeds the wood. Colron Refined Danish Oil is easy to maintain and is suitable for exterior and interior wood. Colron Danish Oil is also available in a range of colours including a clear. Colron Refined Danish Oil contains alkyd resin, which provides flexibility and durability for exterior applications but can also be used for most interior applications.
How to use Colron Danish Oil
- Colron Refined Danish Oil is suitable for use on previously oiled and bare wood.
- Previous coatings such as wax, polish or lacquer should be removed using Colron Wax Remover. Paint or varnish must be removed using a paint and varnish Stripper prior to application.
- Ensure all surfaces are clean and dry. Lightly sand and wipe with white spirit.
- Shake well prior to use.
- Pour a generous amount of Colron Danish Oil onto a clean, lint free cloth and wipe over the surface to be oiled. Rub the oil well into the grain of the wood.
- Alternatively, Colron Refined Danish Oil can be applied sparingly using a paint brush.
- If treating bare wood, apply 3 coats allowing 6 hours drying time between coats.
- When the final coat has dried, an improved sheen can be achieved by buffing with a clean, lint free cloth.
Please note –
DRYING TIME – Re-coat after 6 hours.
CLEAN-UP – Cloths and soiled rags may self-ignite without warning. Wash out well in warm soapy water before disposal. Remove as much product as possible from cloths and brushes prior to cleaning.
MAINTENANCE – Apply further coats as required as directed above.
For best results apply to bare wood.
Special precautions should be taken during surface preparation of pre 1960’s paint surfaces over wood as they may contain harmful lead.
STORAGE – Store upright in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from heat and sources of ignition.
Ensure container is fully resealed after use. Always store in ambient conditions away from temperature extremes. Protect from frost. Store above 50C.
The shelf life of the product in airtight containers will be at least 3 years.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Observe and follow all warnings and instructions for use shown on the pack. Specific health and safety data sheets are available on request. Flammable.