Primer Red Chalk Paint by Annie Sloan is a mid / dark red shade that offers a very earthy feel. This works perfectly on rustic country pieces of furniture but also acts as an amazing colour under gilding. This colour is inspired by Venetian palaces and Vietnamese temples, where red earths were used. This works extremely well with refined colours like Chateau Grey or Versailles.
- For best results apply the paint with either a chalk paint brush or flat brush.
- Once you have finished painting, we always recommend using either an Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Wax or chalk paint Lacquer to seal and finish. Apply with a wax brush or soft cloth.
- You can use a Sanding pad to smooth the paint or create an aged effect.
- Please be aware that the colour shades may look different on your computer screen to real life. For a true representative we strongly advise to use the hand painted colour card.
- We offer all paints in either a 120 ml tester pot or 1 litre tins.
- A one litre tin will cover approximately 13 square metres.
- For hints and tips please see our article on ‘how to chalk paint furniture’
Colours that compliment ‘Primer Red’ Chalk Paint: