Fiddes Finishing Oil is made from a mixture of quick drying, durable natural oils and resins formulated to maintain previously oiled interior surfaces.
How to use Fiddes Finishing Oil
- Ensure all surfaces are clean, dry, and free from any previous finish.
- Sand the substrate with a fine 150 grade
- Ensure all areas to be coated are extremely well ventilated during and after application.
- Always test on a small area prior to initial application. No primer required. Apply at room temperature.
- Fiddes Finishing Oil is formulated for application directly, and does not require thinning.
- Stir oil thoroughly before and during use, and apply in a warm, well ventilated room.
- Apply thinly using a good quality bristle or synthetic brush, and lay evenly, following the direction of the grain.
- Leave to dry 4-6 hours in warm, dry well ventilated conditions, or preferably overnight.
- Two coats are recommended on bare wood.
- To renovate previous application of Fiddes Finishing Oil, lightly sand area with 150 grit sandpaper, and re-apply sparingly.
- Clean tools with white spirit
Please note –
Coverage – A single application will cover approximately 20-24 square meters per litre, depending on the density of the substrate.