Fiddes Boiled Linseed Oil is a traditional wood oil for interior or exterior use. It is processed by the controlled oxidation of raw linseed oil so this means the drying time is significantly reduced.
How to use Fiddes Boiled Linseed Oil
- Ensure all areas to be coated are extremely well ventilated during and after application.
- Always test on a small area prior to initial application to ensure compatibility.
- No primer is required; you can apply directly onto the bare wood. Do not thin.
- Stir linseed oil thoroughly before and during use, and apply in a warm, well ventilated room.
- Apply thinly using a good quality bristle or synthetic brush and lay evenly, following the direction of the grain.
- Remove any surplus oil immediately with a cloth, carefully checking all areas for any excess application.
- Leave to dry 8-10 hours in warm, dry well ventilated conditions, or preferably overnight.
- A second Coat can be applied if necessary.
- Clean tools with White Spirit.
- Apply 3 coats to new interior timber, and 4 coats to exterior timber.
- To renovate previous application of Boiled Oil, lightly sand area with 150 grit sandpaper, and re-apply.
Please note –
For regular light maintenance, clean with a damp cloth and wipe dry. Re-application may be necessary where soiling or staining is apparent, following the application details above.
Coverage – A single application will cover approximately 20-24 square meters per litre, depending on the density of the substrate.