Hammerite High Heat Paint Aerosol is a durable, heat resistant protective finish specially formulated to withstand temperatures up to 600°C. This is ideal for fire surrounds, boilers, pipework and anywhere a high temperature paint is required. No primer is required and it resists cracking and flaking.
How to use Hammerite High Heat Paint
- Ensure surface is cool before and during preparation.
- Lightly abrade the surface to remove loose paint and rust.
- Remove dirt and grease with Hammerite Brush Cleaner & Thinners. Then rinse with clean water and allow to dry.
- Ensure surface is cool before and during spraying.
- Idea application temperature range is 8-25°C.
- Mask off the surrounding area to protect from over spray.
- To ensure optimum performance store the aerosol at room temperature for at least 2 hours prior to use.
- Prior to use, shake the can vigorously until the agitator ball is heard and then for a further 3 minutes.
- To avoid runs and sags spray in light even strokes from a distance of about 15 cm.
- Spray a light-covering coat.
- When touch dry (about 30 minutes) apply a further 2-3 coats, allowing 5 minutes between each coat.
- After application, leave the painted surface to dry overnight.
- Turn the aerosol upside down and spray for 2 seconds in between coats and after final use.
Please note –
Sore in a dry well-ventilated area
Protect from frost and strong sunlight