Fiddes Friction Polish is made from a blend of Shellac and raw natural waxes, specifically for lathe work and wood turners. This perfect blend has been designed to produce a natural sheen on turned wood. Fiddes Friction Polish can either be applied to the wood stationary or when on a lathe is spinning at low speed.
How to use Fiddes Friction Polish
- Ensure the wood is bare and dry
- Fiddes Friction Polish can be applied to the wood stationary.
- It can also be applied to wood on a lathe when spinning at low speed using pure cotton sheet.
- It can be thinned either with Methylated Spirit.
- Finish with a coat Wax Polish to further protect and enhance the natural beauty of your wood.
Please note –
Coverage – Approx. 8 square metres per litre
Drying time – 20-30 minutes per coat
Clean tools with Methylated spirit