Hotspot Brick and Stone Sealer is a solvent-based combination of resins, oils and special compounds. It has been formulated for sealing and protecting natural brick and stone or fireplace surrounds. The sealer allows brick and stones to breathe. It will make the surface strongly repellent to oil, water dirt and dust. It will enhance the natural beauty of the brick and stone. Depending on the nature of the brick and stone it can slightly deepen the colour.
How to use Hotspot Brick and Stone Sealer
- Ensure the surface to be treated is cool, it is very important the surface is thoroughly cleaned of dust with a vacuum to remove all loose dust.
- For best results, use Fireplace Cleaner to remove any stains.
- Remove screens, fixtures, etc. and protect floors and carpets.
- Working area should be well ventilated and wear protective gloves.
- Shake well before use
- It is recommended to test on an inconspicuous area to test for suitability prior to complete application.
- Pour Brick and Stone Cleaner into a clear tray or saucer and apply by brush or lint-free cloth. Bear in mind that application by brush may cause streaking.
- One coat should be sufficient for indoor surface coverage but for greater protection outdoors, apply 2 or 3 additional coats. Ensure that thorough cleaning is achieved again between each coat.
- Leave to dry for 2-4 hours before use but where possible, leave to dry overnight: it is then heat resistant to 90⁰C.
- Leave to dry for 2-4 hours between coats.
Clean up with xylene thinners.
The application Temperature should be 15 – 25 degrees Centigrade.
Coverage Depending on the porosity of the stone is approximately 5-8m2 per 500ml.
For use on clean brick and stone. Not suited to reconstituted stone.
Shelf-life/Storage 2 years if stored unopened in a cool, dry place.
Health and Safety
Flammable, keep out of reach of children.